- The University has cancelled student mobility programs up to and including semester one 2022. Student mobility programs in Prato are being offered from mid-2022. Updates are available on the Monash Abroad Portal.
- In response to COVID-19, we’re continuing to adapt our operations. In accordance with Italian Government regulations:
- all individuals aged 50 years and over must be fully vaccinated
- for Italy-based staff, visiting staff, and conference (or similar event) participants, a Super Green Pass is mandatory to enter the Monash Prato Centre (A Super Green Pass is an EU digital COVID Certificate obtained after receiving the full vaccination cycle or after recovering from COVID-19. See the websites of the Italian Green Certificate information (in Italian) and the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs for more information.)
- for students and all other visitors (unless listed above), a Green Pass is mandatory to enter the Monash Prato Centre
- We will continue to review the situation in line with Italian and Australian Government advice. View the University’s latest COVID-19 updates.
The Prato Centre provides a global immersion experience in an intimate and welcoming environment.
Students can choose from a wide range of interdisciplinary and discipline-specific study opportunities, usually taught intensively over several weeks or up to a few months.
The specially curated curriculum integrates local perspectives through programs that harness our partner network in Europe and through offerings that incorporate industry engagement, field experiences and live projects.
If you are a non-Monash student but attend another university, you may be eligible to study in Monash programs at our centre as part of a Monash University exchange or study abroad program. Please contact Monash Abroad for advice on whether or not this is an option available to you.
Read firsthand testimonials from other students who have studied in Prato.
Architecture program: 22 June - 20 July 2022
Monash Global Campus Intensives (MGCIs): 27 June - 15 July 2022
Monash Global Campus Intensives are new intensive interdisciplinary units offered across the Monash campus network. You will look at some of the world’s most pressing challenges, learning on site with guest lectures by local experts and academics and with content developed by multiple faculties.
The program will start on 27 June and last for three weeks, during which you will be able to study one or more of the following units:
ATS2265/ATS3268 Sustainable Tuscany: Tradition, innovation and entrepreneurship
ATS2275/ATS3275 The European Union: Challenges, crises and opportunities
ECX3750 European economy and global business
DGN2500 Design thinking
ATS1221 Italian Introductory 1
Eligible students will also be able to add a Law unit to their program in Prato.
Full information, including how to apply and unit combinations, is available on the Monash Abroad Portal. You can also find details on accommodation to help you with planning.