The Monash University Prato Centre is a strategic European base for international research collaborations and provides a flexible setting for academic workshops, seminars and conferences of varying sizes. We welcome enquiries from Monash centres and faculties, as well as from other academic institutions worldwide.
The Prato Centre is home to major international research meetings in the fields of Pharmacy and Medicine. It has also hosted European Framework Program and European Cooperation in Science and Technology (COST) meetings.
Visit our Events Calendar for past and present events.
The Centre has the capacity to host up to 130 people in its main conference room (262 using video link to other rooms on the first floor), and between 10 and 60 people in a variety of smaller spaces, all with adaptable seating to suit your specific needs.
The Centre can accommodate up to 6 parallel sessions (subject to room availability) and collaborates with other sites, within 5 minutes walking distance, for extra rooms.
The Centre has a series of entertaining spaces including a large outdoor terrace with views of Prato's medieval centre, indoor reception rooms and buffet areas.
To view the spaces, take the Monash Prato Centre Virtual Tour.
The Prato Centre offers:
- Conference and meeting rooms equipped with standard AV/IT equipment
- Video recording facilities in its main conference room
- 3 lecterns with touch screen central controller
- Free wireless Internet access throughout the building
- Network access points in conference rooms
- Skype and video conferencing
- Qualified on-site technical support
Should you need a dedicated technician for the duration of your event, the Prato Centre has long-established relations with external providers; our staff can advise and negotiate services.
Find out more about Technical Facilities.
We can advise on costs and make arrangements should simultaneous or consecutive interpreting be required.
Note: Interpreting booths reduce the maximum capacity of Salone Grollo to 100 people seated.
Rooms, set-up and capacity
Most conference and meeting rooms are air-conditioned.
Each room has flexible seating to suit your specific needs; the largest of the rooms can accommodate 130 delegates.
In addition, the Centre can provide freestanding display boards for poster sessions, and flipcharts.
Visit Floor Plan and Room Setup for more information.
We can assist you with arrangements for on and off-site catering, conference reception events and conference dinners.
The Prato Centre has selected caterers with intimate knowledge of the Centre’s requirements and which value seasonal and locally grown produce. View Menu Options.
The Prato Centre can help you plan and realise your event by:
- Providing event management staff offering local knowledge and on-site support during the event
- Publicising the event locally
- Offering advice about Accommodation. A variety of hotels and accommodation options are a short walk away from the Prato Centre.
- Making contact with local suppliers, e.g., printers, stationers, restaurants, airport pickups, coach transfers
- Organising conference packs
- Sourcing gifts
- Offering advice on social activities, exhibitions, excursions and guides
Booking a conference
Contact us well in advance to ensure availability.
Note: Non-Monash bodies must take out appropriate insurance.