- Sun, 19/05/2013 - Wed, 22/05/2013
- Mon, 20/05/2013 - Tue, 21/05/2013
- Mon, 27/05/2013 - Wed, 29/05/2013
- Thu, 30/05/2013 - Fri, 31/05/2013
- Mon, 03/06/2013 - Wed, 05/06/2013
The Monash University Prato Centre is a strategic European base for international research collaborations and it provides an ideal setting for academic workshops, seminars and conferences. We welcome enquiries from Monash centres and faculties, as well as from other academic institutions worldwide. For a list of past and present activities at the Centre see our Events Calendar.
The building has the capacity to host up to 130 people in its main conference room (250 using videolink to other rooms). It has a variety of smaller spaces, which can hold between 10 and 60 people. The Centre can accommodate up to 6 parallel sessions (subject to room availability), and has a number of office spaces and computer laboratories suitable for conference secretariats. See the online Centre tour for more information.
The Centre has a series of entertaining spaces including a large outdoor terrace with views of Prato's medieval centre, indoor reception rooms and buffet areas. We can assist with arranging on and off-site catering, conference reception events and conference dinners.
The Centre is equipped throughout with wireless internet access and there are also network access points in every room.
Note: The Centre's main conference rooms (Salone Grollo and Sala Veneziana) are air-conditioned.
Booking a conference
Contact us well in advance to ensure availability.
Note: Non-Monash bodies must take out appropriate insurance.
We can advise on costs and make arrangements should simultaneous or consecutive interpreting be required.
Note: Interpreting booths reduce the maximum capacity of Salone Grollo to 100 people seated.
We can assist with organising your event by:
- Publicising the event locally
- Making contact with local suppliers for specific requests
- Advising on accommodation arrangements and liaising with local hotels to secure group bookings and reductions (Note: Individual hotel bookings must be made directly with the hotels, see Accommodation webpage).
- Advising on social activities, excursions and guides
- Providing general administrative assistance (Note: The Centre cannot coordinate conference registration.)
Click here to see the IT, Audio and Video equipment page.